"Why does it have to be me? "
Have you asked yourself that since last year 2014...October or so, maybe earlier? I just picked a month really. But if you're suffering from a "virus" that while not fatal, sticks with you physiologically, psychologically, socially, economically, periodically, repeatedly and you wonder if, permanently...then you would be inclined to ask yourself the big question "Why me?".
Well, I have come to accept that, that little wreck of a mosquito that bit me on some faithful, jolly day in late December 2014, "chose" me....yes, I'm a "chosen one". You see...normally those pesky little creatures do not "like my blood". So I realize that I am special after all to have been selected to carry Chikungunya for him. Lucky me...woohoo!
Anyway, I'm still looking for that mosquito after finding out that they can actually live up to 5-6 months. (Yes, I've researched that cause I soooooooo want to meet him: http://insects.about.com/od/flies/a/10-facts-about-mosquitoes.htm)

Anyway, I first got symptoms of Chikungunya virus ( or shall I say "disease"), on December 30th, 2014...or was it beginning February 2015...or end February...or 11th March....or 15th March. NO I'M NOT LOSING MY MIND!!! I have literally seen the "beginning" of the Chick-V disease that many times!!! And no type of meds seem to help with the pains anymore.
Or...am I losing my mind? I've asked myself that several times since "owning" this disease. I've been trying to come to terms with the fact, that whenever I get those tinnie, winnie periods of decreased pains, never to mistake them for "the road to recover". That thinking messes with your mind! I am trying NOT to think positively about Chik-V recovery...yes, don't ever be positive about it, or be hopeful. That messes with your mind! It's better to accept it in your head that the Chik-V is like another living being inside you that plays these awful practical jokes, making you feel you're getting better, and in the moments of your highest of spirits in which your friends has seen you in like...perhaps the past day or two....then, WADAMM!!! It jumps out at you again, as if sticking it's tongue out at you and provoking with a nasty "Neh, neh, neh, neh, neh!!!"
So, from this day forth, I shall own up to my Chik-V!
So friends...has Chikun-Own-Yah? Grab a smile and tell me all about it.
I think it's rather therapeutic to find out that there are others out there, who has it much longer than I have...who has not seen more than one pain-free day since having this disease. You're welcomed to share your experience here.
Your fellow Chick,
Chick-Very
No comments:
Post a Comment