So fellow Chicks (and Roosters), I'm sure that over the course of time, many many people have been offering suggestion after suggestion, to try to help you to cope with symptoms of Chik-V. Out of these, we usually pick and choose because we ourselves become so very well acquainted with our disease, that we can tell in our minds right away if something simply won't work. And yet, we kind enough to tell them that we'll do some research into their idea (at least, that's what I do).
However, there are a few practical pieces of recommendations that people have offered to me which, although offering very temporary relief, I have decided to keep doing on a daily basis. Heck...any temporary relief is totally heavenly to me!
So herein, I am sharing these recommendations and hopefully you too can enjoy some measure of temporarily relief on a daily basis.
Recommendations:
- Keep yourself warm at all times and as much as possible. Many of us spend many hours in air conditioned environments at our workplace. Protect your joints...the coldness contributes to increased aching. As explained by doctors, the pains are actually a type of arthritis, because arthritis is indeed inflammation in the joints. Don't worry about the "talks" that fellow-workers may give you. Do like me and before they can say anything, put on an 'accent' and say "It's jolly cold up in these parts!" LOLOLOLOL! Or simply say: "Yeah, what-ever!" So here's how I dress on a daily basis...don't laugh okay...I look broko...the true Chik-V look...lol!
- One day when I got full swing of all Chik-V symptoms, my dad told me to try a tablespoon of Noni juice for the headache. Well you know I would try anything organic, no matter how terrible it tastes. However, since I am quite acquainted with the taste of Noni, I went quickly to the fridge and shot down a tablespoon of Noni juice. Within 10 minutes, I returned to my dad to ask him if Noni also rids fever. He told ;me that Noni is good for many things. The heavy feverish feeling I had all over my body was gone, together with the headache. So all I'm saying is...it's worth trying. There'll be no harm in it for Noni is organic.
- Now this idea came from a workmate who says she gets temporary relief for her feet. I know this is no rocket-science but just that, I hadn't thought about doing it until she mentioned. She soaks her feet in Epson salts. So I was like...but it's my entire body that aches. DUH!!! Soak your whole body in a bathtub or stand under a hot shower. Well I tell you...during the minutes of soaking myself in the warmest water that my body could possibly manage, it's like paradisaical bliss. Now I wanna do this every morning before work and at evenings when I reach home.
- Another recommendation from a friend whose sister has Chik-V, is drinking Vitamin C 1000 mg three times a day. I understand that it has made her feel better. Well, this has no side effects so obviously I would want to try this one also. I will return to verify if this worked with me.
Well, that's what I have to offer for now. Would you please share any recommendations that have worked for you?
Your fellow Chick,
Chick-Very
Disclaimer:
- These tips have only been tested on myself and those who shared them with me. Please...they are no guarantee that they "will" work for you. So for heaven's sake, please don't be pouncing on me if they don't. There are NO guarantees with Chik-V.
- The tips herein merely offer temporary relief for symptoms. There is yet no cure for Chik-V.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment